Indy Urban Hardwood is the creative problem solving of Brian Presnell and the introduction of urban milling into the Indianapolis design scene. Many cities across the Midwest are facing an excess of dying ash trees due to the emerald ash borer. This epidemic has lead to the clearing of trees and a surplus of firewood around city curbs. Indy Urban Hardwood is hoping to save some of the wood that would ordinarily be mulched or burned. After the raw wood is kiln dried it can be sold as slabs to local builders or made into custom furniture by our design team. Additionally, we are building relationships with furniture design students by offering discounted or donated wood.
- Stop burning trees
- Educate the public about urban milling and responsible tree clearing
- Use local wood to create custom furniture, casework, counter tops, etc.
- Introduce more local goods into the building market
- Create partnerships with tree removal services and contractors
- Discount or donate lumber to students